Thursday 12 June 2014


FRACTION FUN!
This post was written by Mrs. MacLean-Pilat

     Hello! So we wrote in our agenda's today about our blog being updated. We were so busy making pyramids and writing about King Tut, that we forgot to update our blog! Silly me!

     I would like to thank Mrs. Thompson and Mei for helping today and sharing their DisneyLand photos with us. I would also like to thank you for the pencils. How kind!
I would also like to thank all of the students for returning their library books on time. We were working on that all year!

     This week, we began studying fractions. I wanted to make it fun for the class, so we did math with Skittles and Aero Bars. The class wasn't happy with me when I started eating the chocolate in front of them, as I demonstrated how much of the chocolate bar was left. They were excited though when they each got a piece. We then sorted the Skittles we brought and counted them. We wrote the fraction for each colour and then graphed our data. It was a fun and YUMMY activity!

     We were also finishing up our mummies this week. Students had fun painting their mummy. Mrs. MacArthur was amazing, as she wrapped all the shoe boxes that were brought in. The class will be sharing their mummies next week for our Celebration of Learning. The Celebration will start right away at 3:00 p.m, followed by an outside activity.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Mrs. MacLean-Pilat


No comments:

Post a Comment